We have collected together some suggestions as to how you may like to spend your time whilst your pet has their operation. Please ask reception to borrow a map and Guide.
Places to Visit
- Wiltshire Museum, Devizes
- Kennet & Avon Canal Museum – Wharfside
- Devizes Town Trail – download here or ask reception for a Guide
- Avebury Stone Circle, Barn Museum and Avebury Manor (National Trust)
- Lacock Abbey, Fox Talbot Photo Museum and Lacock National Trust village (20 mins away)
- Bowood House, Calne (20 mins away)
- Marlborough (20 mins away)
a) In Devizes Town – Morning Coffee, Lunch and Afternoon Tea
- Healthy Life Dining Room – Little Brittox
- Costa Coffee Maryport Street and the Market Place
- Wharf Tea Rooms, Devizes Wharf (dogs welcome)
b) Canalside Pubs with food
- The Barge at Seend Cleeve (about 6 miles away)
- The Bridge at Horton (1/2 mile)
- The Hourglass at Devizes Marina
- The Barge, Honeystreet, Nr. Horton (3 miles)
c) Lacock, Avebury and Marlborough also provide good eating out opportunities
- The George Inn at Lacock (about 10 miles)
- Castle and Ball, Marlborough (about 6 miles)
- Polly Tea Rooms, Marlborough
- The Circle at Avebury (Vegetarian)
Roundway Hill – return to the A361 south, by turning right out of our car park and following the estate road back to the main road. Turn right, and the take the next right turn sign posted Roundway and Garden Trading Estate. At Roundway village turn right by the telephone box, go up the hill and take the left hand fork. The track at the top is very bumpy. Park at the end of the track. From there you can take the path into the wood (“Roundway Hill Covert Nature Trail Leaflet” is in our folder and may be photocopied), or go over the low stile and walk out onto Olivers Castle, an Iron Age hill fort, site of a famous Civil War battle, with superb views.
- The Caen Hill flight, or at any point of access to the canal
- Avebury Ancient monuments: Stone Circle, Silbury Hill and West Kennet Long Barrow
Activities for Childeren
- Coral Cove Soft Play Activity Centre, Hopton Park, Devizes (200yards from Practice)
- Bowood House, Calne – Large adventure playground, picturesque gardens and stately home. No dogs. (Closed during winter).
- Devizes Leisure Centre – swimming pool
Please leave us your mobile phone number, ensure it is switched on and in a good reception area.