Non Direct Claims
- Please ensure that the proposed treatment is covered by your policy. Please speak with us regarding a Pre Authorisation if you are unsure if your policy will cover treatment.
- Please pay in full on collection of your animal and leave us your signed claim form.
- We aim to complete your form and send it to your insurance company electronically or by post within 7 working days.
- We also advise you to submit a claim form to your own vets immediately and ask them to send it at once as some companies will not pay our claim until they have received your own vet’s claim.
- Long stay in-patients – we ask for payment every four weeks and ask that you bring a claim form in that we will submit within 7 days of your animal being admitted to our hospital.
For clients who wish for us to claim directly with your Insurance company, we will accept deferment of settlement provided that the following conditions are met:
- You provide a copy of your full and current policy documents on arrival or prior to your appointment.
- We receive a signed claim form within 7 days of your pet being admitted to our hospital that states that the claim is to be paid direct to us, before your Pet is collected.
- You pay your insurance excess before your pet is collected. We recommend that you ask your Insurance company what this will be when you contact them about the proposed treatment.
- You submit another claim form to your own vets and ask them to send it off as soon as possible.
- We aim to complete your form and send it to your insurance company electronically or by post within 7 to 14 working days.
- You undertake to pay the account in full if the insurance claim has not been paid within 40 days of our claim form being sent. In most cases, the insurance company settle within 30 days.
- If we have not received payment after 3 weeks we shall contact you so that you may pursue the progress of your claim with your insurance company. We are now no longer allowed to do this on your behalf due to the Data Protection Act and recent Insurance Legislation. We will help you as much as we can with any queries that arise.
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT ACCEPT DIRECT CLAIMS WITH EQUINE AND LIVESTOCK INSURANCE (E+L) OR PETINSURANCE.CO.UK (or any company underwritten by E+L)
Direct claims with Animal Friends will only be accepted if our Pawtal Claim booklet at Reception is signed by the policy holder, we will not offer direct claims with a paper claim form.
For Animals that are insured with the RSA Group (More Than, Tesco, RSPCA, John Lewis, Argos, Homebase and Marks and Spencers) Please contact your insurance company to discuss your excess and the preferred referral network policy.
If you have any queries about your claim please ask to speak to our Insurance Administrator Bev Woods on 01380 728505.