Your Healthy Pets Club
The Membership Application Form and the Information Leaflet together form the basis of your contract with us (“Terms”). These Terms are important and we strongly advise that you read through them carefully and keep them in a safe place, so that you can refer to them in the future.
Your Plan is administered by THE ANIMAL HEALTHCARE COMPANY LTD, 4 Bridge Road Business Park, Bridge Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 1TX Tel: 0844 800 8548 Email: [email protected]
1. Treatment Your Pet is entitled to – The treatment paid for by Your Plan entitles the pet(s) you name on your Membership Application Form (“Your Pet”) to receive routine preventative healthcare, services and treatments required to maintain Your Pet’s health, as prescribed by Macqueen’s (as named on the application form) and as described in the Information Leaflet (“Treatment”).
2. Any additional healthcare, services or treatments which are not included in Your Plan will incur an additional charge which is payable separately by you to Macqueen’s.
3. Treatment by another veterinary practice – Your Plan entitles Your Pet to receive the described products and services at Macqueen’s only. If you choose to take Your Pet to have healthcare, services or treatments provided by a veterinary practice other than Macqueen’s, then these services will not be covered by Your Plan.
4. If you need to change the date for payment collection, you should contact Animal Health Care by telephone or e-mail at least THREE working days prior to the due date for collection. We will not charge you to change your due date for collection.
5. By entering into Your Plan you are agreeing to pay 12 equal monthly payments by direct debit, the first of which will be requested 14 days after joining the plan. If you do not pay your monthly instalments, without default, we reserve the right to terminate Your Plan and obtain from you a sum equal to the difference between the full retail value of Treatments received less the total of payments already made by you.
6. Non-payment – If any of your direct debit payments are returned to us unpaid by your bank, we will inform you and will arrange a subsequent attempt to collect the payment from your bank account. If this happens, we will charge you an administration fee of £10.
7. Non-payment of two or more fees – If two or more attempts to collect your direct debit payments are returned to us unpaid by your bank, we reserve the right to terminate Your Plan and obtain any unpaid amounts for Treatments Your Pet has received directly from you.
8. You must pay the monthly direct debit payments until either all of the monthly instalments have been paid by you or until Your Plan is terminated in accordance with clause 7 above. We will not refund fees paid or payable by you except in the case of our administrative error.
9. Your Plan is an annual contract and we will write to you no later than 21 days prior to the expiry of Your Plan to offer you continuation terms on behalf of Macqueen’s. If you do NOT wish to renew Your Plan for a subsequent year, then you should notify us at least 7 days prior to your expiry date. Otherwise, we will assume you want to continue with Your Plan and we will renew it accordingly. There is a £1.50 administration fee for the renewal service which will be added to the first collection due after your renewal date.
10. If you fail to keep up with the payments under Your Plan, we will terminate it in accordance with clause 7 above.
11. You MUST be over 18 years of age.
12. Your Plan is not transferable.
13. THIS IS NOT AN INSURANCE POLICY.
14. These Terms are subject to English law.
15. You are responsible for ensuring Your Pet attend Macqueen’s regularly and that you comply with the advice and treatment your veterinary practice prescribes for Your Pets.
16. If your personal details change, you should notify Macqueen’s immediately.
17. If Your Pet is lost or deceased, you should notify Macqueen’s who will contact us to cancel Your Plan.
18. If you have any problems with the administration of Your Plan or if you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us on 0844 800 8548 or [email protected]
19. If you are unhappy with the Treatment or any aspect of Your Pet’s veterinary care, you should contact Macqueen’s whose contact details appear on the Membership Application Form.
20. Animal Health Care will use the information you have provided to administer Your Plan. We will not give your personal information to any third party (except Macqueen’s) unless we are under a legal obligation to do so.