At Macqueens, we felt it was important to gain RCVS accreditation to prove our on-going commitment to providing the highest possible quality of care to our patients and clients. We have been awarded the highest level of HOSPITAL standard with FIVE “Outstanding” awards for service. Here’s a little bit about what it means for you:
What is the Practice Standards Scheme?
The RCVS Practice Standards Scheme (PSS) is a voluntary initiative to accredit veterinary practices in the UK. Through setting standards and carrying out regular inspections, the Scheme aims to promote and maintain the highest standards of veterinary care.
As part of the Practice Standards Scheme the RCVS also grant Awards to highlight areas where a Practice might show particular expertise or service. In 2016 we were the first practice in the UK to be designated “Outstanding” in FIVE areas with Awards for:
- Client service
- Patient Consultation service
- In-patient service
- Diagnostic service
- Team and Professional Responsibility
We are extremely proud of this achievement and what it means to our commitment to you. These awards are re-examined every four years and at random spot-checks to keep us on out toes and up to the mark for you. For more information on the award scheme go to: www.rcvs.org.uk
For Small Animal Veterinary Hospitals, the standards reflect the requirements of a General Practice allied with additional facilities and protocols for the investigation and treatment of more complex cases.
A Veterinary Hospital must meet all Core Standards and General Practice Standards in addition to specific Hospital Standards.
An RCVS Accredited Veterinary Hospital must:
- ensure nursing staff are present on the premises round the clock, and a veterinary surgeon available 24 hours a day to attend to in-patients, if required.
- maintain and improve clinical standards by monitoring performance and the outcome of treatments.
- provide a range of specialist equipment, such as ECG and ultrasound.
- submit to rigorous examination of its premises and facilities, with emphasis on cleanliness and sterility.
Information taken from rcvs.org.uk
Our team make this happen
We have a great team who ensure your pet has the best of care.